Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Can You Say Slacker?

So, the hubbie and I went out for beer and pizza last night. (Did I mention that I gained a pound last week?) We talked about his upcoming job interview in Ohio and what he would be moving with him if he does, in fact, take a job there. It's crazy stuff to be thinking about. Will he take the tv? How about the microwave? Which dresser? I guess he'll need bedding and towels and dishes. Shit. It's almost like packing someone off to college. It's nerve wracking if I think about it too much. I spent a lot of today weeping, BUT I did not smoke or drink (unlike last week, ahem) or over eat.

I did my 8 minutes this morning. (I missed one day last week because I was too hungover to move.) I ate a bowl of cereal and a banana for breakfast. Lunch was a balogna and cheese sammich. I had a little chocolate in the afternoon, 2 pieces, and then 2 tacos with a salad for dinner. A little while ago, I had 2 crackers and a piece of cheese. Now, if I can be this responsible for myself all week, I'll have something to feel good about.

So, back to beer and pizza.. We also talked a lot about our relationship and finally made some decent communication headway. It didn't fix any problems, but it was kind of nice to feel like we actually understood each other for a change. Once upon a time, we were always on the same wavelength and never had any trouble knowing where the other person was coming from. It really throws a wrench in things when you lose that.

I let him read one of my blogs. He hasn't seen any yet. He said it seems like i hide all of my writing from him. I guess i kinda do. The subject came up because i was telling him that I pretty much write exactly how I speak. He was asking if I spend a lot of time thinking about what I'm going to say, and I told him no. I just put it out there the same way I would if I was just talking to you. So, i let him read one. He said that I could probably be good if I practiced. I told him I have no desire to be a great writer. He also said that he is a poor judge. Between you and me, I agree.

So, what else is going on? I am finally finished with all of the drywall repair work in my daughters' room, and plan to begin painting in there tomorrow. I will paint all day, and run errands in the evening. I need to take the oldest to pick up her new glasses, go to the post office so that i can get the last of the MWDAS calendars in the mail, and I need groceries for the rest of the week.

I've found that it is easy to plan meals for either myself or the rest of the family, but not both at the same time. This is weird because generally, we eat the same things. I just have more veggies. Oh but wait. We only eat the same things for dinner. For lunch I'm serving up chicken nuggets and corn dogs to the kids while i eat salad or soup or yogurt or something. Breakfast is a similar thing, except they feed themselves for that meal.

Yes, and about that calendar, I'm thinking of opening up the orders for another week, but am doubting my ability to keep up. I'm so tired, and you know it's just going to get worse. I do so hate to be a disappointment. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment