Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day Two WAS a Good Day

Morning routine same as the day before, except this time I had to pee like a MF, so I took time to do that before the 8 minute exercises. I think the point of these exercises is just to let your body know that you are, in fact, awake, and it can rev up the ole metabolism any time it's ready. Also, there's something to do with muscle building. A lot of people roll their eyes at me when I tell them about the exercise part. It seems too easy to make a difference, but there does seem to be something to it. I decided I'm going to weigh in again next Monday just to prove myself.

Breakfast was turkey and egg on an English muffin, again. I frigging love them. I had some yogurt with it, too. (By the way, I ended up eating some yogurt last night after writing. i went grocery shopping and was so excited about all the yummy stuff i bought, i had to eat something. PS. This is a good time to tell you that my 'shift' key sticks, and I am too lazy to go back and fix every little 'i'.)

Today was a good day. Actually, it was a great day. The sun was shining brightly, my house was relatively clean, and I just had that wonderful, calm, peaceful, relaxed feeling that is so good. I snacked on a clementine, ate split pea soup with cheese and crackers for lunch, and gave the new master bath a thorough scrubbing. By "new" I mean, we traded bathrooms with the kids.

I also baked a pie. Oh yes, I did. A pumpkin pie.

I skipped my afternoon snack: ate a late lunch and sort of forgot about it until an hour before dinner, and since I knew I'd be having pie, I left the carbs off my dinner plate. We grilled lobster tails. My first time! And I made green beans (in bacon fat - booya!), and a salad of lettuce, Craisins, and goat cheese with a balsamic vinagrette. You have to try this salad. It's really good with fresh spinach. I think it might also be good with pecans (especially sugared pecans, yum), but I've never tried that. Oh, and you know that lobster got dipped in butter, right? You bet it did. After all of that, I had a lovely slice of pie topped with a dollop of Original Cool-Whip.

So, there. Man, I can not wait to get up and eat tomorrow.

The whole day really was marvelous. And then, during dessert, my husband announced that he was flying out of state Thursday night for a job interview on Friday. Hello anxiety. This is how I'm seeing my future: husband gets job and moves leaving wife and children to pack and sell house. Should do wonders for my 3 month plan, here, don't you think? Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment