Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Monday, January 3, 2011

In The Beginning

Originally posted in January 2011, this was my first blog.

So, here's the deal. I'm really not a big fan of the overly skinny figure. It's not that I don't know plenty of very lovely people who happen to also be quite thin. It's just that I, personally, find hard bodies somewhat unattractive. Basically, they're just not very huggable. When I was young, I had an aunt who was considered to be rather over weight. She also had HUGE knockers, and an even bigger heart. She gave the best hugs EVER. I wanted to be like her. She always seemed so happy.

Fast forward several years. I had just had my third baby and was grossly over weight, pushing 300 pounds. I got light headed when I bent over to pick up a toy (high blood pressure warning), and I had to hold my husbands arm to walk down the beach because my balance was so bad. I was only 30 years old. I was extremely unhealthy. What I really wanted was to be able to control my body movements, to be able to clean my house without feeling like i might pass out, and to have the energy to play with my kids. I didn't care what I looked like. I have been chubby my whole life. I was used to it.

When baby was a year old, I came across a dieting book that looked realistic and do-able for someone like me. I began following the program. Over the next year, I lost 75 pounds. Then,I got pregnant again. Baby number 4 is 4 years old, and I weight about 10 pounds over what I did when I conceived her. So, here's what I know: the plan I was following before worked, and it worked well enough for me to keep the bulk of that weight off.

The problem is that I am still a good 30 (or so) pounds over where I think I would feel the most comfortable. I saw a picture of myself a couple of weeks ago, and I didn't like the way I looked. Hmm, guess my priorities have changed. Also, I have these amazing high heels that I can't wear, and that is a serious downer.

So, for the next 3 months, I'm doing an experiment. I am going to reinstate the diet that I previously had success with, and then I am going to start working in some exercise because I get a huge rush out of the belief that I have a powerful body.I have no idea what will happen with my weight during this time. I'm going to blog about it. I'm going to write about what I eat and how I move, but I'm also going to write about what is happening in my life that causes me stress. Sometimes, I'll bitch. Sometimes, you'll be walking away thinking TMI, Bubbz! And because it's me, there's a good chance you will often be thinking to yourself, "what an over inflated cocky-ass bitch."

Let's begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment