Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's The Middle of The Day and I'm Bloggin

I slept so well last night. I mean, really well. It was great. The man was out of town for his job interview, and I got the whole bed to myself, which I LOVE. I love having the freedom to stretch out in every direction or to flop around like a fish. i love being able to put the pillows anywhere I please. I don't know what sleeping well has to do with anything, but I feel great, and as such, am daytime blogging. Right on.

I have been doing so well with my diet this week. I hate calling it a diet. A more applicable term would be 'lifestyle plan' but that sounds like a PC version of something that would be frowned upon when spoken of in traditional Hillbilly-speak, and it just isn't like that. The thing is, it's not just a diet. Yes, I am watching my caloric intake, "dieting". But I am doing so with an attitude of permanent change (or else I'll just get fat again), and I have not had a single cigarette all week. I have been keeping up with my little 8 minute dealies, but they're getting harder, as in, more intense. I know I'll be sore tomorrow. You do 4 minutes worth of arm curls or squats and not hurt. I haven't had any liquor this week, either. Although, that is mostly because I had way too much last week, and I am trying to bring balance back to the force. Also, I don't drink when the man is out of town, and i am solely responsible for my youngins.

I told him a few days ago, that if he moves to Ohio ahead of us, that we will be saving some money at the liquor store because I won't drink if he's not here. He almost didn't believe me. He was honestly dismayed. I've been mulling that over in my mind, and I figure, first of all, that he has forgotten that I really never drank much at all until about 2 years ago. Also, I believe that he actually drinks more when I am away than what he does when i am here, so he could be projecting his own actions onto me. Mostly, i think he believes that I am completely irresponsible, and that, my friends, just pisses me off. It totally pisses me off, but there's nothing I can do about it. You try arguing with someone who makes up their own version of reality and believes that which is in their head over any outside opposing evidence. I guess while he's gone, I had better keep a good record of where I spend money.

...........................................................................

Tuesday:
B: oatmeal
S: yogurt
L: egg, cheese, and turkey on an English muffin
S: 2 pieces of chocolate
D: lean hamburger with spaghetti sauce, garlic bread, salad
S: 1 piece of chocolate, cheese and crackers

Wednesday
B: egg, cheese, turkey on English muffin
L: lentil soup, apple sauce
S: 1 chocolate
D: chicken breast, 1/2 baked potato with butter and sour cream, broccoli and carrots

Thursday
B: yogurt and oatmeal
to be cont....

See, not bad. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment