Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Welp

I didn't write yesterday. I got high instead. Yes, I did. And tonight, well, it's a similar story, except I'm writing. I'm not writing about the diet, though. Yesterday, I made caramel corn, and I sort of felt like I fell off the wagon, but whatever.

Since i bothered to show up, I feel like I should at least make conversation. Do you feel that way when you are with people? Do you feel like you HAVE to talk, to MAKE conversation. I was with a friend not so along ago, and this is a friend who I rarely see; we were at dinner, eating, just sitting, and I said, "I feel like I should be small-talking." My friend smiled, sort of stretched, and looked around a little bit. They said, "No. No, you don't have to do that. Everything is perfect. Perfect." How beautiful is that?

How beautiful to feel perfect. Do you have anyone in your life who makes you feel perfect? I bet you take every opportunity to be near them, don't you? I got into a fight with mine.

I guess I've always been something of a loner, which is really freaking weird considering that I am extremely extraverted and generally get along great with people. I have an invisible wall. I appear to be wide open to many people. just the other day someone asked me a personal question and got way more info than they were looking for. "I didn't expect such honesty," they said. And why not? But there is a point, where one hits that wall. I suppose everyone has a wall, a secret private part of themselves that they hide, but not everyone has an invisible wall. i'm special like that.

Here's something interesting. The same person who made me feel perfect, found a way through the wall.

I'll be back, hopefully tomorrow with boring stories over drinking Crown and over eating caramel corn, and salad: lots of salad. G'night

No comments:

Post a Comment