Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Monday, January 10, 2011

What a Difference a..umm.. Week Makes

Here are some things I've noticed. My skin already looks better. My face was really starting to worry me. Between smoking and stress (and drinking too much and poor diet), my face was really starting to take on a distinctive "older" look. But I looked in the mirror today, and I looked.. better. My skin is a little bit clearer and more rosey, and my lines even seem smoother than before. It's incredible and I can't even begin to describe how much it pleases me.

I haven't talked to you about my smoking habit, cigarettes. I've never been a hard core smoker. I average 3 a day, I guess. I smoke a lot more when I'm traveling or drinking with friends, but at home, about 3. I've known for a while that the smoking was heightening my anxiety and stress levels. The funny thing about nicotine is, the more stressed you are, the more you want it. It's a vicious cycle. Anyway, I decided as part of my "get healthier" plan, I was going to try to put the ciggies down. This week, I smoked 3 cigarettes and 1 cigar. My husband buys cigars for the rare occasion when a casual smoke sounds nice to him. I smoked one because I was out of cigarettes and afraid to go buy a pack.

I'd say the non-smoking is going pretty well. I mention it because I know that has to also be affecting my skin. It wouldn't be fair of me to leave that information out. So, there's that, and the fact that I have had less alcohol and more water. Remember, all those fruits and veggies are loaded with water, too.

Today I ate a piece of toast for breakfast because I was running late for church. I slept really well last night, by the way, and I woke up feeling really good. I swear the more drugs (including booze) I have in my system, the worse I sleep. Last night I nodded off with a clean system. I felt great when I woke up. i even ironed a skirt to wear. That never happens.

Right. Anyway, for lunch I was pretty hungry and I had already fixed something for the rest of the family (eggs or various leftovers), so i had the option to wait even longer to eat after I made a decision and cooked something, or to just grab a yogurt and inhale it. i sure am glad that yogurt is good for you. i don't know about you, but the more hungry I am, the harder it is to make decisions about food. Everything sounds good and nothing sounds good. I ate the yogurt, and then I felt a little better, but everytime I walked past the counter, the brownies started whispering to me. Hey, brownies are carbs. AND brownies, actually, are fairly low calorie for a dessert item. I ate one. It was awesome. Then I was full, which is really cool, because it means my stomach is getting the shrink down hint.

I had a couple of chocolates for a snack later. At some point, I will stop doing that. I so love chocolate right now. Hmm, I wonder when my period will start.

For dinner I made a big pot of chili with meat and beans and A LOT of veggies. I ate a bowl of that with part of a peanut butter sandwich. Later on, I ate some more chocolate. Those Hershey's Drops are really good. A person could get hooked. I ate about 150 calories worth: not so bad. You don't have to worry, yet.

I'm going to sleep now, and I'm saving the end of today's blog until tomorrow after my weigh-in. I figured you'd want to know about it right away. Good night. :)

........................................

Good morning! Here are today's weigh-in results: 206.5. I'm down 5 pounds baby. That's a lot for a single week. It sure makes a statement about my previous lifestyle, too, doesn't it? Yikes!

Ok, new week. Let's go!

1 comment:

  1. you go woman. i finally figured out to create a file for my fb bloggers. you've all been bookmarked, but, with a zillion bookmarks, hard to find and go back to read over and over when i have time to nothing but what i want to do.
    you inspire me janie pants, you really do.

    ReplyDelete