Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Leeping Liebsters

So, this is pretty cool. I was recently given a Liebster Award.


This very prestigious award was designed to give newish bloggers some much deserved recognition. One mark up from a participation ribbon, it's one part chain letter mixed with equal parts fraternity hazing and bragging rights, with a generous helping of exposure. Put your clothes back on! Basically, it means I've been welcomed into the club by the blogging community, which is a totally rad concept. I want to thank ihopeiwinatoaster for passing unto me this blogging baton, and I will run with it, proudly.

The rules are as follows:

          1.  Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
          2.  Answer the 11 questions the awarder has given to you, the awardee.
          3.  You, now the awarder, create 11 questions for your nominees, who are now the awardees.
          4.  Choose 11 awardees, link to their website, and notify them.
          5.  No award-backs.




Part One: 11 Things About Me


1. I am an avid golfer. No, wait. That's a lie. But, I did almost run my dad over with a golf cart when I was 15 and learning to drive.


2. When I was in college, I dreamed of having six kids. I stopped at four when the last of my brain cells finally died taking my figure and energy with them.


3. I took a single writing class in college, wowed the professor with my first story, and bombed the story after that because I insisted that I could write in the first person. My degree was in art.


4. I am exceptionally fond of red wine. Valpolicella is my preference.


5. After years of begging for a puppy, I now prefer my cats.


6. I can't remember the last time I read a book that was written for grown-ups.


7. I don't know how many pairs of shoes I own nor what most of them look like as they've been packed in boxes for over a year. Some have never been worn.


8. I like the way horses smell. A lot.


9. I once sang the National Anthem at a Minnesota Twins baseball game.

10. I prefer the window seat on airplanes. I really can't remember the last time I was on a plane (I know when I was on a plain, though. I'm on one right now.) or where I went, although I used to travel quite a bit. I'm also a fan of the road trip, and am not afraid to drive miles upon miles all by myself. In fact, I love it. Two days ago, my daughters and I drove through four states.

11.  I eat frosting from the can, but I'm not a fan of pre-packaged cookie dough.


Part Two: The Questions Of ihopeiwinatoaster



          1.  Were you pleasantly surprised or slightly irritated when I tagged you with this?

I was pleasantly surprised albeit suspicious. I got over the suspicious part.

          2.  Do you think I am sorry for that?




Not in the least. If you were going to be sorry, I doubt you'd have done it. I think you were proud.

          3.  If you were to smack me upside the head for passing this on to you with your favorite book, what book would that be?

Ok, not really, but it would be for fun than
seeing as my copy is a flimsy paperback. Kerouac reads like poetry. He makes alliteration sexy.
          4.  If you had back the (enter minutes spent on this exercise here), what would you do with them?


I'd be sleeping. It's 12:39 AM and my alarm goes off in less than six hours, but hey, there's no time like the present for passing out.... virtual trophies.

          5.  Do you think perfect strangers should stalk around the Internet and bestow odd awards and ask random questions?  Why or why not?

Exactly.

          6.  How can words be so beautiful to read and so frightening to write?

You are too worried about what you think others think of you.

          7.  Do you like my hat?


Did your kid make it?

          8.  How many hotdogs do you consume on a weekly basis?


I try not to consume hot dogs on a weekly basis. I'm a girl. Ohhhhh... or did you mean? Nevermind. It's none of your business either way.

          9.  You seem like a decent person, how did you become so?

This is how God made me. He did a great job, don't you think? I'm dead sexy, too.

         10.  Pop-up toaster or toaster over?

To edit or not to edit? The n key is nowhere near the r key. Is this a trick question? Anyway, I traded my pop-up to my mother-in-law for her oven and never looked back.

         11.  Where do you physically blog, as in, where are you right now and, did you ever suspect blogging would be this damned complicated?

Blogging isn't complicated. I'm confused. Normally, I blog on my phone from wherever I might be when an idea hits. Sometimes, I'm in the car, and sometimes, I'm in the kitchen trying not to burn supper. At the moment, however, I am sitting at my desk. My Blogger app doesn't let me put the pictures and links where I want them. Loser app makers.


Part Three: Answer Me, Dammit!

Sorry. I thought you were one of the kids. In my best Wonder Woman voice: you will tell the truth. Crap. No golden lasso. Alright, I could go all Jedi mind-tricky on you, but instead I'll just use magic. Please, will you answer these questions?

1. Do you smile a lot?

2. Blondes, Brunettes, Redheads, or Baldies?

3. Can you tell me how to raise any kind of farm animal?

4. What was your favorite toy as a child? Did it belong to you?

5. Ever steal anything?

6. How does it make you feel when someone corrects your spelling or grammar?

7. Have you ever run away from home?

8. Have you ever won a real prize in a real contest?

9. What do you like to do (activities) during your favorite season of the year?

10. Do you always begin at the beginning?

11. Does HTML make any sense to you?


Part Three 1/2: Intermission


11 was a racehorse. 12 was 12. When 1111 race 12112.
Will you grab me a Coke while you're up, please?


Part Four: The Lucky Recipients Of The Liebster Award

These people are great! Check them out.

Looking For My Escape
Down Wit Dat
My Wife Lies
Not Appropriate For All Audiences
Notes From The Shallow End
Pushing 40 - Aging Gracelessly
Binkies And Briefcases
Toulouse And Tonic
Oh My God Just Do What I Say
Saige Wisdom
Me And Meg


4 comments:

  1. Thanks! As html, and a whole lot of other "techy" shit, makes no sense to me (one question already answered), do I get sent a badge or something of the like? Or ... do I just cut and paste that image and then do the rest of this in a post sometime soon? I can be an idiot. I got a warning from blogger about your site's content. Do I want to proceed? Language/Adult Material -- etc. Apparently, blogger hasn't caught up with my blog yet because no such thing appears there. Yes! I feel like I'm getting away with something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done! Many Thanks! http://notappropriate4.blogspot.com/2012/10/you-won-what-is-that-thing_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. I never saw your first comment, but looks like you got it figured out. As per the content warning, I did that. Most of my posts are pretty tame, but once in a while there's something I know I wouldn't want MY kids to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally talking about > "Leeping Liebsters"
    < Loved it!

    Feel free to visit my web site :: Chemiеtοilеtte

    ReplyDelete