Chicken Fried Vogue

For 15 years and most of her adult life, Bubblez lived in the suburbs of a major metropolitan city. She enjoyed taking her children to museums, parks, and dates at Starbucks. Then Bubblez moved to the country and her En Vogue attitude got chicken fried. Her yard is a park where the neighbor's rooster won't stop crowing, Starbucks is almost an hour away, and her large collection of fancy shoes is worthless. But, living in the acres of green has presented more opportunities for living "green" as Bubblez travels the path toward self-sufficiency (and bitches ((and prays)) along the way).

Monday, December 3, 2012

I Am SuperMom

I am SuperMom.

I am. No, really. See that phone booth over there? Umm.. Ok. Me neither. But, look. I have a cape.

Alright. Fine then. But, I'm as close to SuperMom as you're gonna get.

I do tons of adorable Pinterest crafts both with and without my children several times a week, er.. Year. (Several is like, three, right?) I make huge delicious and sneakily nutritious meals that I plan ahead and clip coupons for, only slightly less often than the crafts. My house is spotless. (I can't even keep a straight face for that one.)

Wait! Wait! Don't leave. I know I can convince you, somehow.

Let's see. Oh! I did make this.

Not bad, eh? Eventually, I'll get around to writing the tutorial for that one. (And taking the picture.)

Also, my kids are in lots of different activities, during spring soccer. And, umm, my extremely responsible teenager willingly babysits her younger siblings (for a small fee) while I go to the bar. I mean do charity work. (No, I don't.)

I love my kids with the ferocity of a hundred billion suns. I will cut a bitch for looking at them funny. I will argue with teachers and doctors and relatives and neighbors and anyone else who does not seem to be working in the best interest of my child. I will be uncomfortable in the middle of the night because one of the kids had a bad dream. I will worry my own self sick over a fever. I give them ice cream just to see them smile. Fire safety month scares the hell out of me because it makes me think, "but what if." Punishments really do hurt me more than they hurt them. Sometimes, I tell them to keep the change. I smile and act excited every time I'm handed another freaking dandelion. I sit through choir concerts. I try to give them what they want for Christmas. I always make sure we have toilet paper and/or Kleenex.

Once, I even wore a cape.

I am SuperMom.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I love this. I love every part of this. and yes I too smile at every freakin dandelion and worry about the what-ifs in the wee small hours.
    Love. It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! You know we're all the same. <3

    ReplyDelete